Re: Some press releases needing research & writing

On Fri, May 15, 2015 at 9:27 PM, Bastien Nocera <hadess hadess net> wrote:
It's tax season in France, and my paperwork only mentions "Charities
based in France". Which is why I'm asking that.

Have you actually RTFM? :-)

The "notice" for form 2042 (income tax, which I assume is the one
you're filling in) has a paragraph about European entities on page 19.
http://www.impots.gouv.fr/portal/deploiement/p1/fichedescriptiveformulaire_9709/fichedescriptiveformulaire_9709.pdf

http://vosdroits.service-public.fr/particuliers/F426.xhtml confirms it.

The WHS website also has an explanation about that on
http://www.wauland.de/en/donation.html stating that it fits the
requirements.

So you can deduct 66% of your donation, up to 20% of your taxable
income. The appropriate location is 7VC.

If the WHS' status doesn't help EU tax payers deduct it a portion of
the donation from their taxes, the deal looks overly expensive (I
don't think that currency exchange has a 5% fee, does it?).

Also take into account that we'd be transferring money both ways when
we want to pay something in Europe (travel reimbursements for
instance).

--
Alexandre Franke