Re: Some press releases needing research & writing

On 15 May 2015 8:27 pm, "Bastien Nocera" <hadess hadess net> wrote:

> On Fri, 2015-05-15 at 18:49 +0200, Tobias Mueller wrote:
> > Heya.
> >
> > On Fr, 2015-05-15 at 14:53 +0200, Bastien Nocera wrote:
> > > Can you explain how this will work concretely?
> > With German taxes you can fill a field with how much money you've
> > given
> > to registered charities.  Amounts below a certain threshold (maybe
> > 150EUR?) don't need an "invoice".  Amounts above do require such a
> > statement from the charity.
>
> Do we have written confirmation that WHS will do that?
>
> > I barely know how it works with German taxes, let alone with other
> > European taxes.  The WHS may have more information.  Or your local
> > tax
> > consultant.
>
> It's tax season in France, and my paperwork only mentions "Charities
> based in France". Which is why I'm asking that.
>
> If the WHS' status doesn't help EU tax payers deduct it a portion of
> the donation from their taxes, the deal looks overly expensive (I
> don't think that currency exchange has a 5% fee, does it?).

In US, banks charge a per transaction fee for receiving money from abroad. This means that small donations from the EU could cost the foundation more than the donation. The deal with WHS will allow us to accept smaller donations from Europeans who do not want to use Paypal or Bitcoin.