Re: Friends of GNOME Web Pages

Sorry for the slow response! I've been wrapped up in something else.

Rosanna Yuen <zana gnome org> wrote:
Is there a time frame for implementing these changes? ...

Not that I know of. I mean, I don't have the skills to implement them
myself, and it's dependent on when web hackers have the time.

As for the mockup, it looks really nice!  I do have a couple of comments
about it:

1) It is a shift to stop referring to one-time donors as "Friends of GNOME".
Is this a conscious change?

That's a good point... I suppose the question is, "what is Friends of
GNOME?" I always felt that it sounded like a club with members. (Do we
list one time donors on the members page, currently? If so, for how
long?) Using "Friends of GNOME" only for subscribers made sense in
that respect. We could use Friends of GNOME to describe one time
donations, of course, but I'm a bit unsure what the name would mean
then.

2) We have had people request annual subscriptions that occur once a year.
This is easier for them to be able to get employer matching.  Would that be
possible to implement these subscriptions on the form?  And perhaps point
the possibly of employer matching to people?

I can definitely add that, if it's something we want. My only
reservation whether it could reduce the amount that people donate. I
suspect that people going to subscribe could see an annual donation as
a cheaper option. Does anyone have any insight or research there?
Perhaps we could include that option, but make it one step removed?

3) Under "Details", there is a checkbox for "Don't list me on the members
page".  Should "members" be replaced by "donors"?  Otherwise it would be
confusion between Foundation memberships and Friends of GNOME memberships.

Or maybe change the wording? "Don't list me as a Friend of GNOME".