Re: Enterprise Engagement, at the distribution level...

Can you expand a little (here or in the document) on what you mean by
Enterprise and by Enterprise Engagement?

Sure I'll explain a bit further.  Enterprise in this sense is used in a very specific way to mean engagement focused on companies rather than the general public or free-software community.

On Tue, Apr 15, 2014 at 11:16 AM, Liam R E Quin <liam w3 org> wrote:
On Tue, 2014-04-15 at 10:47 -0400, Alex GS wrote:
> Okay so I went ahead and re-wrote the strategy document in a more condensed
> way so that I can finally make it public. I've purposefully left out
> anything having to do with sponsors and financial contributions because
> that's not my area and there are already well established processes for
> that sort of thing that can handle that if such opportunities arise.
>
> [1] https://etherpad.gnome.org/p/gnome-enterprise-doc

Good.

I'm a little confused about "game developers" when "enterprise" suggests
to me GNOME on the desktop of middle managers, of office workers, and
e.g. lotus notes interop, corporate lockdown features (e.g. no facebook
access in work hours), etc., for the IT staff in companies of 1,000 or
more people.

I know there are some large game development companies, just as there
are large automotive companies (who are probably already using gnome on
solaris at least).

Can you expand a little (here or in the document) on what you mean by
Enterprise and by Enterprise Engagement?

Thanks!