Re: Getting GNOME page on gnome.org

I think the reasoning for including Ubuntu on the page is two fold:

1) Its a very popular distro, and lots of people want to know how to get GNOME 3 on it
2) Its quite easy to get a good GNOME 3 install on Ubuntu - simply add the ppa and install (or in the case of the getting gnome page, just click :)

On a side note, I think there should be a link to the 'getting gnome' page on the home page (gnome.org) without having to click through to GNOME 3, and then scroll/read all the way down through to 'find out how to get gnome 3' - if I want GNOME 3, I'd rather not have to load and read through mutliple pages just to be told how to get it. Currently, its slightly buried and hard to find, especially if you don't really know what your looking for.

Emily
(ps, sorry about getting this twice Akshay - I forgot to hit reply all the first time :p)