Re: How to manage foundation navigation in gnome.org site

On 06/29/2011 07:34 AM, Nisse wrote:
For the actual menu, there is currently a lot of different items in the
foundation navigation sidebar on http://foundation.gnome.org I think we
can do some effort to reduce the number of pages there.

* About the foundation - this duplicates some of the info on the other
pages and can to some extent be merged with the first page
* Blog - this could be considered as of our news story that Allan
mentioned in his last e-mail
https://mail.gnome.org/archives/marketing-list/2011-June/msg00044.html
* Reports - not foundation specific, but actually more of a project-wide
thing
* Membership - pretty ok
* Election - Wiki material?
* Legal - part of a bigger legal page perhaps?
* Finance - Wow, this is really outdated.
* Contact - merge into http://www.gnome.org/contact/ ?
* Press - we already link to that elsewhere
* Donate - same as above. We could actually promote that on the
gnome.org frontpage. That gets a lot more views.

- Andreas

I personally feel the foundation site needs to be rewritten but that probably more a call from our new ED based on her strategy to drive and execute (in collaboration with the board I suppose). Running the foundation means that you have a website which represents/explains what you are working on as a leader of such foundation and should help you with your job, while the w.g.o would be more for the GNOME community, their software and their activities.

my 2 cents.

Fred