Re: GNOME Weekly News

On Tue, 2008-06-24 at 22:07 -0700, Sriram Ramkrishna wrote:

But let me ask, is there really interest in this?  We're really more
in a maintenance mode here in terms of work here.

That's exactly the kind of thinking that I think a weekly or biweekly
newsletter can change.  Lots happening around GNOME.  Not in official
GNOME modules maybe (those tend to add incremental updates), but just
see how many cool projects people talk about on PGO.

Brian already said the rest of what I wanted to say.  If you check
Fedora Weekly News, each item is a summary plus links to original
discussion on mailing list or blogposts.  That's quite a different (and
less time demanding) format than GNOME Journal.  This can be done under
the GNOME Journal name, yes.  That's not the main issue though.

I think Rahul's suggestion may actually quite work.  I don't mind write
a paragraph about new features going into Pango and Cairo every other
week.  I'm sure others don't mind doing the same for their project
either.  Remains an editor to put it all together.  Volunteers?

--
behdad
http://behdad.org/

        -- Benjamin Franklin, 1759