Re: GNOME Weekly News

You will note that I (and others in GNOME Journal) did the last of the
summaries from 2003-2004  I in fact still get all the CVS stats every
week.  Not sure if they are still valid though.

But let me ask, is there really interest in this?  We're really more in
a maintenance mode here in terms of work here.  Bug fixing is more
common than features in the various areas.  It wasn't like in the days
when we were writing them with a balance of features and bugs in most
modules.  What I'm afraid of is that the whole thing just morphs into
GNOME Journal so why not just put effort in GNOME Journal?  The project
needs fresh blood, a lot of them are moonlighting on other projects and
don't have time to write articles but they can do editing.  We already
have the website, the rss, the css and whatever else that you're going
to do anyways.  Unless of course you find it exciting starting fresh.
Some people do..

If there are things, and admittedly I'm not really been keeping much to
date with what's going on.  My school and work have not been giving me
much time other than to blab on IRC at work.  I could possibly help out
and maybe we can re-tool GNOME Journal to do both a magazine section and
a daily "blog" type of thing to do weekly summaries with an RSS feed to
GNOME News or something.

sri