Re: GNOME Weekly News

Hi,

Brian Cameron wrote:
Aside from things like GUADEC, the Boston Summit, and the first
GNOME.Asia summit, there is GOPA (GNOME Outreach Program - A11y)
which probably could use some additional publicity.  It seems people
keep complaining that news about GUADEC is not being posted to a wide
enough audience.

From a technical perspective, there have been a fair number of new
applications and features added to the desktop in each release.  I'd
expect some of them could be highlighted a bit more than in the release
notes.

I've been doing bi-monthly news articles for a French magazine recently
(although it's starting to get a bit onerous in time demands).

In the past few months, there have been articles on:

April/May 2008:

GNOME Outreach Program: Accessibility
GNU Solfège: Learn music on your computer
What's new in GNOME 2.22?
GNOME in your pocket?
Cheese! Smile, you're being filmed!

June/July 2008:

What's new in Firefox 3 & Epiphany?
GNOME Mobile Summit
GNOME in the Summer of Code
GNOME & KDE co-host conferences
Free software developers earn more
Ubuntu 8.04 and Fedora 9 ship GNOME 2.22
The simple way to listen to your music
Hamster helps you manage your time
New version of Abiword
News for project management
Draw molecules in a few clicks

This month, I'm doing articles on decadence, GNOME Do, and GNOME at
LinuxTag 2008. And as you might guess from the number of articles, I'm
not the only one writing!

Unfortunately, the magazine gets 6 months excusivity on the articles,
before I can release them under CC BY-NC-ND. I've asked for permission
to get them translated too, since in general translations aren't
possible with ND.

There is lots happening around GNOME!

Cheers,
Dave.