Re: gnome app pages (was confusingly Gnome Software Map)

On Mon, 2006-08-07 at 17:12 +0200, Quim Gil wrote:
If you were looking for info about Evolution you probably will know. If
you don't have a clue what Evolution is, /app/evolution won't give you
much more info ("it is an application" - "great, but almost everything
in gnome are apps, so what").

How about the evolution of gnome, i.e. how it all started? We cannot
guarantee somebody won't come up with an app/project/product name that
won't clash with other "normal" content...

A suggestion: let's get the wgo/projects vs projects.go discussion out
of the way. Anyway we are not going to touch anything on this
subdirectory/subdomain in the current release. I don't think either
option conditions the discussion of wgo in any case.

We'd be
crucified it those just disappeared until the next web release :)

If we keep wgo/projects the CMS needs to deal with this. If we create
projects.go we need to keep redirects from the current URLs. No project
website disappears in any case. Another reason to keep this out of the
discussion now.

Hmm. So we are talking about leaving wgo/projects/* _as is_ for this
release, and all this fuss is about a simple list of software, whose
usefulness is debated? And so far that was all the discussion that
involved the contents the new of wgo? That's a surprise. I must have
misunderstood something badly...

My humble vote is against a bastard solution where both old and new
"CMS" content is served under www.gnome.org/. I consider this a
show-stopper for the new release. If we are not ready, we should not
release.

Greg