Re: response to linus...?

<quote who="Santiago Roza">

and i didn't know that not because i didn't care, but because there's not
much communication going on between this list and the people who makes the
actual decisions about gnome.

I dunno - with old board members, new board members, and people who should
have been elected (!!!) helping out on this list, I think there's a lot of
communication between this list and "the people who make actual decisions"
(at least in Foundation terms, as opposed to developer terms - but I think
that's entirely sensible for the marketing team).

problem is i see very little interest in fixing that problem, in both
directions: most people here seem to think our objective is to become an
advertising team (something that doesn't require much communication with
the developers), and most people "there" don't seem to care about the fact
that this list even exists (maybe because we haven't done enough merit
yet).

I think the solution to this will end up being leadership by example, and
setting good goals. There is definitely some friction between advertising
and marketing goals, and to a certain extent the team is named incorrectly.
What we need to be focusing on is 'advocacy', which takes both into account.

Rock on!

- Jeff

--
linux.conf.au 2006: Dunedin, New Zealand               http://linux.conf.au/

    "Gah. Out of coffee. Shall think whilst auto-caffeinating." - Telsa
                                   Gwynne