Re: response to linus...?

I don't think we fear Linus.

well i think we do.  if the very idea of sending him a politely
disagreeing message is seen as "too risky", that sounds like fear.

At a Marketing Team level I think it's useful to discuss why a potential
user (like Linus seems to be) has this perception about GNOME ...

yeah you're right, that's our only task about this event, as a marketing team.

I would never consider Linus as a potential user.  The man uses his desktop ...

yeah i know that, and i never considered him a potential user either.
i was just being sarcastic (with the "that's our only task about this
event, as a marketing team").

Marketing and public relations are two different things.  Intel
certainly doesn't have the same team doing both public relations
and marketing.

yeah we all know they're not the same.  but they're very related, and
we don't have a public relations team.

I can understand you're frustrated by the response here.  I think
you've made that pretty clear. :-)  However, if you want an
effective response I think we can do that with GNOME Journal or
mail journalists who might be interested about the affair.

i'll see what i can do; thanks.

Yes, it raises our profile, yes it's public relations but I think we
can do better.  Guest column in a magazine, blog responses whatever.

ok then; go ahead and do better.

Another thing you might consider is that the reaction people have to
your public letter might mirror the response from the slashdot crowd.
Although thats arguable. :-)

i don't see why; my letter was not even 1% as trollish as linus' statements.

--
Santiago Roza
Departamento I+D - Thymbra