Re: response to linus...?

Feel free to write Linus but please don't put any GNOME reference in
your signature in order to avoid (more) confusion. It is you who is
writing to Linus, not GNOME.

ok i won't, btw i wasn't trying to confuse anyone, but who cares anyway?

thanks to the list for pretty much killing my enthusiasm with all this
over-the-top fear to linus and fantastic stop energy.

At a Marketing Team level I think it's useful to discuss why a potential
user (like Linus seems to be) has this perception about GNOME ...

yeah you're right, that's our only task about this event, as a marketing team.

marketing doesn't have a thing to do with public relations, how could
i get that wrong?  i'll just ask for a refund on all those books...

For instance, with all this issue what I've missed is the possibility of
posting an answer in a news section in the gnome.org homepage ...

you mean a clear, simple, informative, and non-confrontational answer,
like the one i just wrote?

oh wait... that's the one we shouldn't be using, because something something.

--
Santiago Roza
Departamento I+D - Thymbra