Re: [Ekiga-list] H.323 gatekeeper registration with extension and alias

Thiery

1. Our H.323 only gateway [a Polycom VBP-5300-LF2] does not require a password so therefore it is transparent. It works well with the Polycom client which I can configure with gatekeeper address and H.323 E.164 extension and H.323 alias

2. In the Ekiga client If I use uri h323:10.4.5.4 [the internal address of our gatekeeper] I get a msg stating the gatekeeper has cleared the call - note I get that whatever address I specify

3. What uri can I use to make a call via a transparent h.323 gatekeeper e.g. h323:<gatekeeper_IP-address><destination_IP-address> and <source_H.323 extension_alias> ?

4. Essentially I want to be able to register to the transparent gatekeeper [and ideally supply it the client H323 {E164} extension and alias]. That said if I manage to register the Ekiga client to the transparent gatekeeper I can then configure the registration on the gatekeeper with a E.164 extension and H.323 alias [name]

Eugen

I found the ekiga.conf file on the client, when I remove the user and password, the client says it has registered but I cannot see that on the gatekeeper or make calls, furthermore when I go back into the Ekiga client after existing the original user & password are persistent despite deleting from the .conf file :(

Regards

Robert