Re: [Ekiga-list] H.323 gatekeeper registration with extension and alias

On 15/11/13 23:23, Robert White wrote:
Hello

I want to register my Ekiga 4.0.1. client to a Polycom VBP 5300 H.323
gatekeeper which requires *no userid or password* and provide also provide
to the gatekeeper a H.323 alias and extension [E.164]

I assume I create a h.323 account in the Ekiga client but this does not
allow me to specify a H.323 extension or an alias furthermore requires a
username and password which I don't need to use

Is there a different way to do this ?

As far as I understand from the code, ekiga creates an alias from the user name, the one shown in the second page of the assistant.

As for user and password: try adding a random user and password, quit ekiga, and use gconf-editor to remove user and password from your account; these are found in apps->ekiga->protocols.

Tell us if it works.