[Ekiga-list] I get "Could not register. Method not allowed" error. What does it mean?

	I'm trying to use Ekiga as SIP client on the same computer I have asterisk running. I do not have router or firewall in my local network.

	Ekiga does not work for me at all. I created SIP account in it, as my Name, User and Authentication User I have entered my SIP login, as password - my SIP password, as "Registrar" - IP address of my asterisk SIP server (192.168.1.2) - the same one I use in my hardware SIP phones. And I get "Could not register. Method not allowed" (visible in Edit->Accounts).

	On start up, after some time, I get message "Could not register sip:myname@192.168.1.2", and then "Ekiga did not manage to configure your network settings automatically. ... Please see [link] for instructions". But the link is about configuring routers which I do not have. I do not have firewall either. Just network switch and gateway, some other computers and hardware SIP phones in my local network. And this is probably irrelevant anyway, because Ekiga and Asterisk are on the same computer.

	I use default 5060 port in sip.conf. I have created separate account in sip.conf for software phone. If I try to use this new account in hardware SIP phone, it works. But Ekiga does not. If I ignore the errors and try to dial some phone number (local or global - does not matter), I get "Remote user is busy" immediately.

	If I try to enter in the Registrar field 192.168.1.2:5060, only error I get is "Ekiga did not manage to configure your network settings automatically ...", and no other errors. But the result is the same: I get "Remote user is busy" immediately when trying to dial a number.

	Asterisk log, even in the most verbose mode, does not show any attempt to register (or anything else) when I run Ekiga.

	Since it looks like there are plenty of people who use Ekiga as SIP client, I assume I'm doing something wrong. I cannot figure out what exactly by myself, so I will appreciate any help.