Re: [Ekiga-list] Ekiga.net account with Android 2.3.4 native SIP-client

On Thu, May 19, 2011 at 12:31:49AM +0300, J??nis Rukš??ns wrote:

> Judging from http://www.onsip.com/blog/leo/2011/01/05/our-evaluation-of-android-gingerbreads-native-sip-calling-with-the-nexus-s
> it seems that the Android SIP client is working fine from behind NAT -
> the SIP traces show a private IP in Via header, and a public one in
> Contact.
>
> Most likely your registration fails because ekiga.net is apparently
> configured to require a public IP in both Via and Contact headers. I
> cannot be 100% sure without seeing the actual SIP messages, but I
> guess a private IP in Via is why your registration fails.
>
> And sending 606 Not Acceptable Anywhere to REGISTER is a violation of
> the SIP standard on it's own.

OK, so if I get things right, there are two possible reasons for
me not being able to register with ekiga.net with the native
Android 2.3.4 SIP client, namely:

1) it is because the native Android 2.3.4 SIP client does not
support a STUN server yet.

2) it is a problem with the ekiga.net server configuration.

I would be glad to help out here, but I'm not really sure how I
can help.  My educated guess is that I should somehow be able to
grab the SIP messages from and to my Android phone, but I have no
idea how I can do this.  I have some basic familiarity with
wireshark on Linux, but I have never done packet sniffing on an
Android phone.

If somebody knows, please let me know how I can get to the real
SIP-traffic, so we can diagnose this problem more in depth.

Kind regards,
Bart

--
	"Share what you know.  Learn what you don't."