Re: [Ekiga-list] video h263/h264 in ubuntu

Hi Eugen,

I had the same problem.
I solved it downloading the sources of OPAL, PTLIB and ffmpeg. I followed this way and works.

Check this links:
(you can see what dependences are necessaries)

For ffmpeg:

./configure --enable-shared
sudo make install

For ptlib:

make sudo make install

make sudo make install

and for ekiga

make sudo make install

I have a philips web-cam on Ubuntu 10.04 with Ekiga and works fine.

I'm using this versions:

     Ekiga 3.2.7
     OPAL 3.6.8
     PTLIB 2.6.7

And in Ekiga Edit->Preferences->Video->Codecs I can see h263 option.

I hope help you.