Re: [Ekiga-list] video h263/h264 in ubuntu

On 23/09/10 16:14, pablo de la fuente wrote:
Hi Eugen,

I had the same problem.
I solved it downloading the sources of OPAL, PTLIB and ffmpeg. I followed
this way and works.

Check this links:
http://wiki.ekiga.org/index.php/Compiling_Ekiga#H.264.2C_MPEG4_Part_2_and_H.263.2B_.2F_H.263-1998_using_debian_prebuild_binaries_.28maybe_working_for_UBUNTU.2C_too.29
(you can see what dependences are necessaries)

This page is for latest version of ffmpeg, which is known not to work with ekiga, see below. Maybe this page should be updated...

For ffmpeg:

./configure --enable-shared
make
sudo make install

For ptlib:

./configure
make
sudo make install

For OPAL

./configure
make
sudo make install

and for ekiga

./configure
make
sudo make install

I have a philips web-cam on Ubuntu 10.04 with Ekiga and works fine.

I'm using this versions:

      Ekiga 3.2.7
      OPAL 3.6.8
      PTLIB 2.6.7

And in Ekiga Edit->Preferences->Video->Codecs I can see h263 option.

Yes, but doesn't it crash?  Try calling 500 with H263 as video codec...

I hope help you.

Regards
Pablo.

On Thu, Sep 23, 2010 at 9:39 AM, Eugen Dedu<Eugen Dedu pu-pm univ-fcomte fr