Re: [Ekiga-list] destructive Ekiga Win-XP un-install

2010/2/13 Damien Sandras <dsandras seconix com>
Le samedi 13 février 2010 à 08:07 -0800, Ted Clayton a écrit
Obviously, I am horrified.  This is terrible.

My brother is at home, working.  He is available by email, or by telephone.

I am trying to contact Ekiga first, but I must move rapidly, and will soon go to the Ubuntu forums, etc, without a response from Ekiga.

Ted, it is impossible that the uninstall process of Ekiga deleted all those files.

I did not see the NSI script but
It's completely possible and has nothing to do with virus/malware

if for some reason the installer decide that MyDocs is the default install dir instead of progfiles/ekiga , it will install there and uninstaller will erase the INSTALDIR content and thus mydocs.

I guess it can have something to do with user rights as if progfiles is not writable, i might try Mydocs. I've seen this behaviour before.

Best think would be to stop linking to Win installers for now !

--
web : http://memeteau.com