From: michel memeteau <michel memeteau gmail com>
Subject: Re: [Ekiga-list] destructive Ekiga Win-XP un-install
Date: Sunday, February 14, 2010, 5:57 AM

I did not see the NSI script but
It's completely possible and has nothing to do with virus/malware

if for some reason the installer decide that MyDocs is the default install dir instead of progfiles/ekiga , it will install there and uninstaller will erase the INSTALDIR content and thus mydocs.

I guess it can have something to do with user rights as if progfiles is not writable, i might try Mydocs. I've seen this behaviour before.

Best think would be to stop linking to Win installers for now !