Re: [Ekiga-list] Ekiga w/VoipDiscount.com -

2010/4/22, David Ford <dford ansur demon co uk>:
> Currently I have an ALSA error that I have tried to fix but I have
> managed to get no audio output in Ekiga and a feedback screech if I
> unplug the head set.

The feedback is most probably because *playback* from the mic is
enabled. In alsamixer (the commandline tool), in "View: Playback" (the
first after starting alsamixer), hit cursor right till you're at Mic,
then hit "m" to disable playback ("MM" should appear below the slider,
not "OO"). Then hit tab once to get to "View: Capture", go right to
"capture" or similar, hit space to make "CAPTURE" appear below the
slider instead of "-----", and cursor up until record volume is right.