Re: [Ekiga-list] Ekiga w/VoipDiscount.com -

On Wed, Apr 21, 2010 at 10:45 PM, Bob Goodwin <bobgoodwin wildblue net> wrote:

>   Am I the only one trying to use voipdiscount instead of Diamondcard?
>
>   I can't seem to get Ekiga configured to "Call Out." I keep getting
>   "security check failed" messages when I try to call my own cell phone.
>
>   It will work with the Ekiga echo test number. I do not know if it
>   will work computer to computer.
>
>   I would at least like to see it working in part before I give up on
>   it. I've been messing with the configuration for several days
>   without much success.
>
>   In "Accounts" it tells me "VoipDiscount" and "VoipDiscount Call Out"
>   are both "Registered." I'm not sure what that means but it doesn't
>   mean I can call out apparently? VoipDiscount support is not much
>   help so I am trying here.
>
>   Any suggestions are appreciated.

If you google for 'security check failed', you may notice quite a few results.

According to https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ekiga/+bug/120251
it mentions to add yourself to the 'voice' group.
and adding your username to the 'voice' group. Then, re-login (or restart).

This piece of information should make it to the Ekiga wiki,
http://wiki.ekiga.org/
In addition, the packager of ekiga should figure out a way to avoid
this problem.

Simos

Q. Why is top posting bad?