Re: [Ekiga-list] STUN support on Windows XP

Bell Canada fail :(

The SpeedStream 5200 ADSL modem support neither port forwarding nor
bridged network connection. So, unfortunately, it really does seem
like clever NAT traversal is my only hope. Unfortunately, I don't
really have an in-depth knowledge of how STUN works, so I don't know
the extent that it should be working given my network's peculiarities.
Any guidance on this would be appreciated.

More replies below:

On Thu, May 14, 2009 at 4:12 PM, Michael Cronenworth <mike cchtml com> wrote:
> [...]

Losing the STUN configuration preferences pane between versions 2 and
3 caused a bit of cognitive dissonance. Given the change of major
version number, and the change of platform, it wasn't clear to me
whether it was simply the UI that had changed, or whether the STUN
feature had been removed entirely. I don't have much of an opinion on
this besides these first impressions. I'm more concerned with just
getting the application to work. In that regard, a STUN configuration
screen would be useful, because it at least would allow me to visually
verify that Ekiga is configured to use STUN, and thus troubleshoot my
problem. If there is another way to accomplish this, I'd greatly
appreciate it if you would let me know.

Thanks,

Jake