Re: [Ekiga-list] Maybe was asked lot of time... what is the best platform for ekiga?

> Ekiga 3.2.6 is supposed to be stable. We ran thousands of calls with it
> without problem.
>
> However, external dependancies like pulseaudio or ALSA are sometimes
> giving problems.

I am using Ekiga 2.0.12 and Twinke 1.4.2 on Debian Lenny.
The last tests I did were
Corrispondent A
He is using ekiga 2.0.12 on Ubuntu 8.xx. Connection was perfect both audio and video.
Corrispondent B
He is using Ekiga 3.2.6 on Ubuntu 9.10. Connection was completely unsuccesful, he wasn't even able to preform the Echo test.
We finally had a good conversation unsing Twinkle on both sides.
Corrispondent C
He was trying to use Ekiga 3.2.6 on Windows XP, he had many problems and we were not able to speak. We had a fairly good conversation
when he swtched to sip-communicator.

The problem that I am facing is that, when I try to convince a potential corresondent to use SIP, I get the answer: Why should I bother with these programs that do not work when I have Skype that works flawlessly?

I think that the immediate goal should be to have a rock solid version of Ekiga that is stable on all the platforms and can assure interoperability between these platforms.

Is there a 2.0.12 package available for Ubuntu 9.10?
Is there a 2.0.12 package available for Windows XP?

I am available for tests of interoperability between 3.2.X and 2.0.12, just drop me a line.

Best regards,

Antonio Palamà
--
 <palama inwind it>