[Ekiga-list] Maybe was asked lot of time... what is the best platform for ekiga?

I am setting up my public voip server. And was searching software i can recommend to my friends to start testing. I didn't recommend ekiga for any one with windows. Because ekiga was stop responding etc lot of times. But with few tricks i was able to make calls... sometime. I was very sure that ekiga is cool for linux and just ported for windows. I was so surprised that i was not able to call out of the box on ubuntu 9.10 :( maybe my hardware is not supported. But i am able call with skype and now twinkle. Ekiga is getting frozen. Especially then i press button to end a call.

My question is. Is there any system there ekiga compiled into a stable package? Maybe fedora? I want to find a way make video calls. Or just have some nice messenger integrated into gnome desktop.