Re: [Ekiga-list] Trouble getting cross-plattform video to work

Le mercredi 24 décembre 2008 à 01:02 +0100, yannick a écrit :
> Le mercredi 24 décembre 2008 à 00:51 +0100, yannick a écrit :
> > Le mercredi 24 décembre 2008 à 00:14 +0100, Torsten Crass a écrit :
> > > both clients are sitting behind the same router
> >
> > That might explain your trouble, the test ekiga use to get your internet
> > IP might confuse the 2 clients as they have the same public IP. The best
> > I can think of is try to setup bonjour for windows
> > http://support.apple.com/downloads/Bonjour_for_Windows
> >
> > Then clients should automatically appears in the roster.
> >

> Damien, if i understand correctly the situation STUN gives both client
> the same IP. When client A try to signaling with client B, ekiga.net
> gives the IP of client B to client A; is there a test to check if both
> IP are the the same to pop up an error message ? Maybe with a link to
> our wiki? Is it worth to report feature request in bugzilla for this?

Unfortunately the PDU comes from ekiga.net. Perhaps we might check the
contact field, but that would be overly complex. The problem is due to
routers that are unable to route back the trafic inside the LAN when
being addressed through their internal interface with an external
address.
--
 _     Damien Sandras
v_/_   Be IP           : http://www.beip.be/