[Ekiga-list] Re (2): Re^3: Usage of Ekiga 3. Was "failure in registration of sip account".

Folk,

ds> Perhaps you should provide a -d4 output.

Right oh.

As luck has it, opening x-terminal-emulator on this system
kills X.  For terminal access I use telnet or ssh via the LAN.

According to my understanding, Ekiga must be told the
identity of the X display which is the machine console.
The command will be similar to this.

ekiga -d 4 -display ?? -c sip:12506291234 sip diamondcard us

/etc/X11/xorg.conf has these sections,
Section "Device"
Section "Monitor"
Section "Screen"
but no
Section "Display" .

How is the X display identified?

Sorry; I've never needed this till now.

I might be off line for a few days but will
collect the debug output a soon as possible.

Regards,         ... Peter E.

--
http://members.shaw.ca/peasthope/
http://carnot.yi.org/ = http://carnot.pathology.ubc.ca/