Re: [Ekiga-list] No Echo Test response: STUN Problem with Thomson ST585 V6 ADSL router

Damien Sandras wrote:
Le vendredi 19 décembre 2008 à 22:54 +0000, Terry Barnaby a écrit :
Hi,
[snip]

It appears that the ST585 is doing something special when it sees SIP protocol
requests and forwarding the ports automatically, but the use of the STUN system
messes this up.

If this is the case, It would be useful to be able to disable STUN support in
the standard user preferences dialogs of the Ekiga app and to note this in the
error dialog window. Also I guess it may be possible to fix the STUN support if
there is an issue here ...

It is one of the things I want to work on for 3.20 : detect if STUN is
required or if the router supports SIP.
OK, this would resolve most issues mentioned in my first post labeled "Newbie configuration experience". In the short run, updating the docs with how to disable stunnel support would make sense. Also, please note my remarks about the sound device selection (I know, the post is long, sorry...)

--alec