Re: [Ekiga-devel-list] Restoring presence in the SIP code

Le 23/09/2010 16:13, Julien Puydt a écrit :
Le 23/09/2010 15:54, Eugen Dedu a écrit :
If you are sure, please contact Robert.

https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=3074126&group_id=204472&atid=989748

I broke that bug report into two since I found there were two problems :

https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=989748&aid=3074792&group_id=204472

https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=989748&aid=3074788&group_id=204472

I'm pretty sure fixing either will make presence work again in ekiga. (

You can ask Robert, or look yourself in the samples/ directory of opal
(do some grep). I noticed that now contacts (in roster) are not treated
individually, but as a group.

Sigh. Let's say I'm not a fan of ptlib+opal's organization...

What I know :
- where in ekiga the engine does get some information to display -- but gets something invalid and hence can't ;
- where in opal the invalid data gets passed to ekiga through old api code ;
- where in opal the old api code gets called by the new api code, with invalid data.

What I have no clue about : where in opal is that new api code called!? I can't find the upstream...

Things are moving in the right direction though.