Re: [Ekiga-devel-list] Ekiga-Engine and Interfaces for Ekiga

Hi guys,
I will summarize the information that you have told in the mails before. If anything is wrong please correct and give feedback.
1. There is the possibility to write an interface to ekiga using DBUS for interprocess communication
2. It is only possible to control ekiga itself and not the engine.
3. The Videopicture can be shown without windowdecorations if there will be some coding for it.
4. Sending the video-stream to another SIP-Address as the Audio-Stream can be implemented to ekiga with some development.

That's it I think. But there are more questions in future I think. Is there documentation in the sources to understand how ekiga does the connection and how to control the functionality over DBUS?

Sorry for this question, but I haven't downloaded the sources till now but I will do so when my research is successful.

One other thing:
How can I use the plugins for H.263 H.264 within ekiga 3.0. I installed the plugins via the snapshot server. I use Debian-Linux. When I installed the plugins for opal I can't select them in ekiga. Theres only theora and h.261.

So long
Michael