Re: [Ekiga-devel-list] Ekiga-Engine and Interfaces for Ekiga

Damien Sandras has written:
>Are you sure what you need is not a softphone embedded in the webpage
>instead ?
Indeed this would be the best solution but the possibility to use h.264 codec with ekiga is the maintainer to do it with ekiga.

> Further are there any interfaces, which I can use to develop my own
> application which communicates with the webservice for handle any
> call?

>We have very limited DBUS support, but it is possible to extend it.
So in can use the ekiga engine to handle any calls and the webservice can control the engine over DBUS?
And where can I get the ekiga engine?

> And is there the possibility to send the video stream to another sip
> address as the audio stream? (Video to a separate server which does
> the “RTP-to-Flash”?

>It is not possible currently, but SIP foresees this, so it is possible
>with some code.

SIP has the ability if it would be expanded? Or is this a functionality of ekiga itself if anyone writes the functionality to the SIP-Client?

>To summarize : everything is possible, but you will need to code a bit.

Indeed I need to code a lot :)

Michael