Re: [Ekiga-devel-list] Ekiga-Engine and Interfaces for Ekiga

Hi,

Le lundi 13 octobre 2008 à 15:40 +0200, Heiser Michael a écrit :
> Hi Everybody,
>
> I’m on a research about the possibility to use ekiga as a base
> platform for a browser controlled application. The main part of the
> application is Ambient Assisted Living. So you can imagine a senior
> who does shopping over the internet or has medical help form his doc
> over this page. Another part of the page is Video Communication. The
> problem that I have is that the browser is the Users Interface for all
> the Activities the webservice offers.
>
> Till this moment I have tested Ekiga 3.0 an I’m very very satisfied
> with the abilities ekiga in the new Version has. I want to use ekiga
> for the Video-Communication for this Webservice. And this is my
> problem!
>
> The webservice is a flash homepage and only this homepage has to be
> seen on for example a Touch-Panel-PC. The hardware doesn’t matter in
> this moment. My problem is that the Homepage has to control all
> functions of ekiga for example Contacts, Communication establishment
> and so on. Also the Video Windows of the called person should be
> inside this app. And that is the main problem.

Are you sure what you need is not a softphone embedded in the webpage
instead ?

> So here are my questions for you?
>
> Is it possible to overlay the browsers picture with only the
> Videopicture without any windowdecorations on a fix place on the desk?

It is currently not possible, but it is possible with some code.

> Further are there any interfaces, which I can use to develop my own
> application which communicates with the webservice for handle any
> call?

We have very limited DBUS support, but it is possible to extend it.

> And is there the possibility to send the video stream to another sip
> address as the audio stream? (Video to a separate server which does
> the “RTP-to-Flash”?

It is not possible currently, but SIP foresees this, so it is possible
with some code.

To summarize : everything is possible, but you will need to code a bit.
--
 _     Damien Sandras
v_/_   Be IP           : http://www.beip.be/