Re: [Ekiga-devel-list] Ekiga-windows echo cancellation doesn't work

Just a Word : Thomas I find your answer really rude , it's normal to compare to proprietary software as echo cancelation algorythms are public and usually better in open source software .

We have to compare on such points because we all want people to use open standards technoogies instead of skype or msn and everybody do his best to achieve it , so don't blame dieter please

On 13/05/07, thomas schorpp <t schorpp gmx de> wrote:
Dieter Rogiest wrote:
> I installed ekiga-setup-2.0.9-BETA.exe on the WinXP computer of my sister.
> On my Mandriva Linux 2007.1 computer I built ekiga_2.0.9.

useless systems info the 4th time.

> my fourth bug with ekiga-windows-2.0.9 and/or ekiga-linux:
> The sound is ok except for the fact that the echo cancellation doesn't work
> both with me and my sister.

cant technically never work using ekiga with 2 sound devices for play and record
(usb mic) due to missing sampling timer reference.

> I can lower the output of my speakers but then I'm barely able to understand
> the voice of my sister.

use headsets.

> Skype-Linux to Skype-Windows has better echo cancellation.

I don't give a shit.

> But I was able to have a conversation with my sister using Ekiga, the echo
> cancellation not working is for the moment not a big deal to me.
> We were using the SPEEX codec.

try others and report.

> Also about the video: the video resolution (both sent by Ekiga-linux and by
> Ekiga-windows) is lower than that of Skype-Windows. I read that higher
> resolutions will be available for Ekiga in the future.

listen, Skype is high-minuterates PAYED proprietary software you cant reference here.

> I'm happy with the fact that Ekiga has progressed since the last time I used
> it.

it has worked fine for years.

> I will probably mostly use Ekiga to contact family who have WinXP on
> their computer. So I hope that you developers can squash these bugs out of
> ekiga-windows.

NEED *real systems* INFO