Re: [Ekiga-devel-list] Ekiga-windows sound fails and is replaced by brp brp brp sound

On Sunday 13 May 2007 23:34:34 thomas schorpp wrote:
> Dieter Rogiest wrote:
> > I installed ekiga-setup-2.0.9-BETA.exe on the WinXP computer of my
> > sister.
>
> from where?
I used Ultravnc with Wine in Mandriva Linux 2007.1 to take over her WinXP
desktop and installed ekiga-windows on her computer.

> > On my Mandriva Linux 2007.1 computer I built ekiga_2.0.9.
>
> this says nothing, RTFnoobMs on how to report issues.
> we need info from Your distro's package management system
> about versions of the installed libs, if not self-build.
Hm, I don't know what more information you want. I built ekiga_2.0.9 with:
pwlib-1.10.7.tar.gz
opal-2.2.8.targ.gz
ekiga-2.0.9.tar.gz
gcc version 4.1.2
To compile pwlib, opal and ekiga I also had to install these packages:
libgnome2_0-devel-2.18.0-2mdv2007.1.i586
libldap2.3_0-devel-2.3.34-5mdv2007.1.i586
libexpat0-devel-1.95.8-4mdv2007.1.i586
libgtk+2.0_0-devel-2.10.11-2mdv2007.1.i586
libgnomeui2_0-devel-2.18.1-1mdv2007.1.i586
libedataserver9-devel-1.10.0-4mdv2007.1.i586

> Explain type and configuration of Your network.
I have cable modem connection to internet, my sister has adsl modem.
My ekiga is set to "None" for NAT Traversal Method, my sister's is set
to "STUN".
> RTFM+wiki and try other codecs first.
I did read the wiki, I haven't found anything that helped me.
We used the SPEEX codec for audio, can the codec be responsable for losing
audio and getting noise brp after what seems a random amount of time?
> BTW, theres a Bugzilla bugtracking-system, with helpful forms for people
> who dont know bug-reporting, this is a dev list.
I looked at the bugzilla for Ekiga but most reports there seem to be "crash in
Ekiga Softphone: followed by what they were doing at the time". The
informations in those subjects aren't specific enough for me to be helpful.
> We don't know what "Skype" is.
Sure you do. I mention it just to compare it with. For the moment
Skype-windows works very good, I want that too for Ekiga and Ekiga-windows.

Dieter