Re: buttons

On Mon, 2 Jun 2014 14:38:26 +0100
David King <amigadave amigadave com> wrote:

http://www.xaq.nl/easytag1.png

Excellent, that looks much better, as you can now see the pane drag
handles, which you should be able to use to adjust the pane width to
your liking.

Ok, now I see, it's the entire pane, not just the field itself.

Wouldn't it be just simpler to get an option to switch back to the
good old buttons?

No, as that would be a non-trivial amount of code to write and
maintain. If someone comes up with a patch, I would be happy to
review it.

That had worked fine for over the last ten or
twelve years or so (I'm an early adopter of Easytag) and apparantly
the nice and simple application is now suffering from bloatware like
Gnome3...

I think it is important to note that it is GTK+ that does not show
pane resize handles if the default theme is installed, so it is
probably more productive to file a bug report against GTK+, so that
at least a basic handle is shown in that case.

It also seems a legitimate bug that icons inside text entry fields
are not taken into account for size allocation purposes (when setting
a minimum number of characters to show in the field). I do not have
time to work on those GTK+ bugs at the moment, but hopefully someone
else does.

I do not consider moving the mini buttons, which I found rather
awkward (being small) and unintuitive (as there was no image or text
on the buttons themselves), to be icons inside the entries as
"bloatware like Gnome3". If you believe that, it seems a separate
discussion than that about improving size allocation of icons inside
GtkEntry widgets.

Hmm, strange, you think the buttons are unintuitive, ok, you have a
point, but what's so intuitive about "Abc"? :-P

Anyway, it works :) Thnx for your time!

R.

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak
aloud and remove all doubt.

| Richard Lucassen, Utrecht                                        |