Re: APIC tag description text

Am Mittwoch, den 13.03.2013, 21:26 +0000 schrieb David King:
EasyTAG uses the description as the basename when saving an embedded
picture, essentially performing the embedding operation in reverse.

Oh I see. So a filename as description is not as useless as I thought.

... attached is patch which does so, if you want to apply it
locally.

Thanks! I added another feature to the patch, so that the default
picture type is FRONT_COVER. Originally it is not initialized, which
results in type OTHER.

 It would be possible to add an option to control this
behaviour, much like exists for setting a default comment.

That would be great! And if you think, FRONT_COVER is not most often
intended, an option for the default picture type would be nice too.

A generic
solution would be fine, but a hack to avoid this specific case is not
acceptable, especially as EasyTAG makes some effort to handle string
encodings correctly.

Ok, you're right. I would not want to mess up EasyTAG either.

I am so insistent because I saw not only once that novices gave up
embedding cover images "because it just did not work". Common causes
were wrong picture format/size/type or APIC description encoding.

Thank you for the creative discussion!
+++ Oliver