Re: Git Installation

Hi

On 2013-07-12 20:23, Budgie <ajebay errichel co uk> wrote:
Many thanks for the immediate reply.  It seems then as though 2.1.7 will
give me a better result with mp4 than 2.1.8 unless I install the branch.
I will give that a shot once I have the dependencies sorted.  Meanwhile
where can I find out more about functionality of 2.1.8 please?

The most accessible information is probably the release notes:

https://mail.gnome.org/archives/easytag-list/2013-February/msg00000.html

Note that there has been an even greater number of changes in git master.

My tagging needs are very modest but I do need genre and composer to
work as well as the usual artist, album etc. I shall go back through the
list as I recall some posts on mp4 but is there anything else I should
know?

EasyTAG 2.1.8 and above will work fine with MP4 for the genre field, ut sadly not the composer.

As I recall I had no problems with 2.1.7 except with mp4 files, with
which behaviour was odd.  It would highlight the file when leaving and
ask if I wished to tag the file. I would accept but then when I looked
at the file again the same thing happened. It was never clear what
changes were being made. There were some other problems and the need for
mp4 tagging is because all BBC stuff defaults to that format.  Grateful
for all and any advice.

That sounds rather strange, but does not seem to happen with the current TagLib MP4 support. There were some changes to the libmp4v2 support post-2.1.7 that may have improved things.

--
http://amigadave.com/