Git Branch Installation

Thanks to your help I now have the git version of 2.1.8 installed, I think the master and it opens when I enter the command in terminal.

Before I clean up I want to know how to install the branch. Should I uninstall what I have now and repeat the process with the branch tarball and if so what should I download?

If not do I download the module to which you pointed and do something with that.
Real beginner here so please forgive dumb questions.
Budgie.