Re: Git Installation

On 12/07/13 19:02, David King wrote:
Hi!

On 2013-07-12 16:41, Budgie <ajebay errichel co uk> wrote:
Please could you help me with installation from git.  I am I confess git
ignorant but seek the latest git version because I understand it is the
one to use with .mp4 & .m4a files.

There is not currently a version that works with all fields of MP4
files, except the one in a branch:

https://git.gnome.org/browse/easytag/log/?h=wip/gmodule-mp4v2

It is an unresolved question as to whether there is a license
incompatibility when using the MPL 1.1-licensed libmp4v2 with the GPL
2+-licensed EasyTAG, and the branch is an attempt to work around the
incompatibility by loading libmp4v2 at runtime. It is likely not
sufficient, but might be interesting.

I do not currently have time to write an MP4 tag parser, nor to adapt
one of the existing ones to use it with EasyTAG, so complete MP4 support
is currently stalled.

I have cloned the git easytag project to my machine and in the readme it
mentions for installation "see INSTALL."  That has me stuck as I cannot
find INSTALL.

INSTALL is a generated file, and as I mentioned on the mailing list a
few days ago, autogen.sh will generate the build system for EasyTAG,
including INSTALL. For the build process to succeed, you will need to
install the build dependencies that EasyTAG needs. It is probably best
to ask on an openSUSE support channel about how to do that, as it will
likely be specific to your distribution.

Running openSUSE 12.2 64bit.  The repo only has easytag version 2.1.7,
hence my venture off piste.

You will only be able to edit all (well, all that EasyTAG supports for
any other format) fields with 2.1.7 or the branch that I linked to above.