Git Installation

Dear David,

Please could you help me with installation from git. I am I confess git ignorant but seek the latest git version because I understand it is the one to use with .mp4 & .m4a files.

I have cloned the git easytag project to my machine and in the readme it mentions for installation "see INSTALL." That has me stuck as I cannot find INSTALL.

Running openSUSE 12.2 64bit. The repo only has easytag version 2.1.7, hence my venture off piste.

Grateful for guidance when you have time.
Regards,
Budgie