Re: Some modifications...

On 2012-12-30 13:14, Andreas Winkelmann <ml awinkelmann de> wrote:
In between I have seen the background for this flag was not Amarok, it
was an iTunes thing. Of course ;-) But probably Amarok adopted it. One
reference I have found:

http://id3.org/iTunes%20Compilation%20Flag

In my code I have choosen a Text Field for this. Because I was not sure
what exact values can appear. For my Music Collection I am using the
values from the Link "0", "1" or unset. If the Text from the Link can be
taken as Law, maybe a Combo-Box would be nicer. But what if a mp3-file
arrives from someone else with other values in it...

I think that a check button (GtkCheckButton) would be better. For any value other than 0 or 1 you could either set the button to the "inconsistent" state:

http://developer.gnome.org/gtk3/stable/GtkToggleButton.html#gtk-toggle-button-set-inconsistent

or default to unsetting the field. Logging a warning if such out-of-range values are encountered might be a good idea.

As the EasyTAG main window barely fits on my display, I think that this and any other tag additions (especially if they are slightly esoteric) should probably be added to a new ‘Advanced’ tab in the tag editor. Adding the tag is fine, and the documented use of the tag seems OK, so the only thing blocking this are some UI alterations.

- And Hmm a very minor thing, and I have added an entry in the context
Menu in the Tag Fields. A almost One-Click way to remove the complete
Text from the selected Field. Without this I had to select the whole
text in the line first and then delete it.

I applied this commit to master:

http://git.gnome.org/browse/easytag/commit/?id=434a1cbe5bb6cce6a58d7c2964dc172448bb8d09

I have pushed my repo to github. Link is
https://github.com/awinkelmann/easytag

Two additional changes,

Rearranging the Tag Fields. It was nicer to see the Album-Name in a full
row.

I have not applied this yet, as it seems to fit better with any UI changes that would occur when adding an ‘Advanced’ tab to the tag editor, as I described above.

There is (still) a bug in Id3tag_Check_If_Id3lib_Is_Bugged(). gcc warned
about an uninitialized var, but at the end there is more ;-) I have
tried to fix this as you can see in the commit, but my Eclipse Editor
has changed the Garbage-Characters in the Test-Strings to other
Garbage-Characters ;-) Maybe you can fix this.

I had been working on a slightly different approach to that problem:

http://git.gnome.org/browse/easytag/commit/?h=wip/easytag-next&id=225878e4567f2b816840b7d65d888db2ab2c8d48

but that branch (wip/easytag-next) is not quite ready for merging yet.

I also have not yet added your length attribute change to the tag scanner, but I have almost convinced myself that it is a good idea. :-)

Thanks for your changes and the discussion.

--
http://amigadave.com/