Re: [Easytag-mailing] EasyTAG-2.1.7-Delete hidden tags on saving?

Charles Lindsay <accounts chazomatic us> [Thu, 24 May 2012 16:24:40 -0700]

> Ok, so I'm not just missing something at least.
>
> Metaflac sounds like it could solve the problem for FLAC files, but
> unfortunatly most of my music is in MP3 format.  Is there an analogue
> for MP3s that handles the different tag versions and peculiarities of
> that format?  I haven't found anything in some brief searching, but
> another mailing list user pointed me to eyeD3 which might be able to get
> pretty close with a little python magic.

You could probably use Mutagen, also a Python module. It includes "mid3v2"
as CLI frontend which is quite effective for mass edits
[ http://code.google.com/p/mutagen/ ].