[Easytag-mailing] EasyTAG-2.1.7-Delete hidden tags on saving?

Yo!

So I just upgraded to EasyTag 2.1.7 in Ubuntu 12.04 (from whatever version was in 10.04).  I appreciate the new addition of the Album Artist field, but it brought up a question for me.

I had previously used the version EasyTag in 10.04 to tag all my music, carefully deleting all the fields I didn't care about.  When I fired up 2.1.7 though, the Album Artist field was already filled in for some music files but not for others (presumably depending on whatever software I'd used throughout the years to rip and encode my files).  This leads me to the conclusion that EasyTag is simply ignoring and leaving intact any fields not being shown in the GUI.  Is that the case?

If so, is there a way to instruct EasyTag to delete all fields that it's not showing?  I didn't see any options for that, or tools that would let me scrub files that way.  The best I can determine, I'd first have to delete ALL the tags from my files, and then fill in the details again.  This is less than ideal because deleting all tags also removes the data from the GUI so I would lose all the work I've already put in (if it just deleted the tags from the file but left the GUI fields filled in, I could at least simply hit delete tags and then save without losing my work).  And I'm not even 100% sure that would do what I'm trying to do -- does deleting all tags from a file delete the tag container and all tags, or just clear the ones shown in the GUI?

Anyway, I'm really glad to see EasyTag being maintained again.  Thanks!

Charles