Re: Continued development?

Davyd Madeley wrote:
On Tue, May 29, 2007 at 01:54:31PM -0700, Jon Phillips wrote:

Yes, I agree...forking is the absolute last thing. What is Todd's email?
We should contact him directly, too.

Does anyone else have CVS/SVN access to commit?

The best solution IMO, would be to get a few more people with commit
access so that this kind of logjam won't happen again.

Getting commit access to GNOME SVN is simply a matter of showing
yourself to be a producer of quality patches and then being
sponsored by someone.

I think Todd is quite busy nowadays, but I'm reasonably sure he
reads this list.

Indeed, I haven't had nearly as much time as I'd like to hack on Drivel lately. The current code in SVN has had the networking subsystem reworked (I believe it was pretty much finished back in January, which was when I began to run out of free time and the project started to suffer), but I never had a chance to update the GUI to match it. If no one is interested in fixing that up, it would be best to write patches against the 2-0 branch.

At any rate, I'm more than happy to either commit patches or sponsor some new developers to get them SVN access. Anyone interested? :)

- Todd