Re: Continued development?

Jon Phillips wrote:
I think we should do this. Wait until the end of the week for a reply by
any admins. If we get no reply, then consider other options to get code
changes in.

Drivel is pretty cool, but is no good to me without the category/tagging
support.

AFAIK, Todd was working on some form of rewrite of some of the core. I've got some code (see ugly stuff at http://code.google.com/p/libwalledgarden/) that was working towards support for blogging systems without public APIs (MySpace et al) with a primary target of working with Drivel, and I was kinda putting off further work until the rewrite kicks in.

If the end decision is that a friendly takeover/fork is necessary in order to actually get some ongoing drivel development, then an early order of business should probably be a review of the current internal structure, and a debate about whether it needs refactoring.

For example, the libwalledgarden stuff worked by providing a plugin system (as a nasty hack) to Drivel for different protocols, but that could be expanded into the main core to build a per-protocol plugin system instead.

Just my 2 eurocents,

Tom Parker
--
palfrey tevp net - http://tevp.net