Re: DIA export to svg without my extended attributes

On Wed, Jan 7, 2015 at 11:23 AM, Doru Motas
<teodor motas euxin-automation com> wrote:
Hello,

I intend to use DIA as graphic editor to create the graphical interface for
a SCADA like application.

Wrong tool. Use Inkscape for this or extend/contribute to DIA so that
you can somehow control the Element Id.

On Inkscape you can view the SVG portion of each object and take note
of the SVG Element Id and then use this Id to manipulate the object at
will. I think you could actually change the Element Id and it would
save it but is useless anyway because is hard to maintain. I found it
much easier just to take note of the IDs of the animatable/mutable
portions of the drawing and just use the default IDs. Is mostly the
same amount of work than when building screens with Fix, Onspec or
whatever.

I have a working proof of concept IoT/Web-based SCADA HMI built with
Perl Catalyst and PostgreSql that uses jquery_svg library and shows a
simple tank level change when the value changes in the DB. If you are
interested contact me off list.

Best,

Alejandro Imass