Re: how do I set a default line width

On Thu, Sep 11 2014, Hans Breuer wrote:

Am 10.09.2014 um 16:52 schrieb gottlieb nyu edu:
On Wed, Sep 10 2014, gottlieb nyu edu wrote:
I was able to set a default pointsize by double clicking the "T" button.

When I tried this for the "line" button, I see that I can only change
the absolute start/end gap.

This is by design. Properties directly accessible from the toolbox are
not duplicated to the default dialogs.

I would like to change the line width (from .039 to .02 inches)
The "default" line width can be changed by double-clicking the line
width selection area. But the dialog is not unit aware, so you have to
calculate your inches yourself.

and (of lesser importance) size of the start/end arrows to 0.30.

See arrow selection: Details (also w/o units)

HTH,
      Hans

Thank you hans and michael, but I don't see the behavior I think you are
saying.  Let's just discuss the line width; I would guess that if I can
understand that case, I can figure out the others.

1.  I think you are saying that to change the default line width, I need
to go to the properties dialog, which means I need to first create a
line.

So I created a line.

2.  I then double clicked the line and up came the expected box
"Properties: Standard-Line"

So far so good.

3.  The first item is

Line width  "0.039 in"

(the value is in an "editable text area"

4.  I am not sure but I think you want me to double click in that text
area where it now says "0.039 in"

But this doesn't change anything.  All it does is select the "word"
around the mouse.  In this case it selects 039.  I tried double clicking
other areas but was unable to find anything that would enable me to
change the default.  As I mentioned in a previous msg.  If I double
click the tool icon that does allow me to change the default line gaps,
but I have not found a way to change the line width.

thanks again for dia,
allan