Re: Dia shapes - Belgian domestic electricity

Le 23/02/2013 23:38, Killian De Volder a écrit :
For the bounding box: putted a "invisible" X in the image to grantee the grid snapping.
(Also makes calculating the default with and height a breeze :).

Few more questions:
- Can I add a thing in the file that gives it properties to modify the object ? (I have some icons that will looks very similar, so a object properties to toggle some extra lines on or off would be nice.)
   Or do I have to make 1 shape per deviation ? (Preferred ?)
 - Where can I set the default font-size for a shape ?
   (Before the user specifies the preferred font size.)
 - What license should I put these files under ? :p
   (BSD, LGPL, GPL ?)

[note: your post is the better mean to launch a flamewar on any Free Software mailing list]

The simpler is to choose Dia license itself, which is GPLv2.

Among other compatible licenses for distribution together with Dia, you'll find /modified BSD/ and LGPLv2.

Drawback is : there is no copyleft at all for the first (you can sell it together with proprietary software [fr: un logiciel privateur] eg. with modifications /and/ in an unreadable format), and it is "lesser" strong for the second (you still need to give also a readable format).

*Depending on your wishes*, this can be for you a drawback or not :)

IMHO:

* Nowadays LGPL can be left back in favor of GPL, as GPL software has been spread enough and it is not needed proprietary software benefits longer on Libre one... (and in my opinion proprietary software can be safely dropped out).

* Your work is a "technical" one... For an artistic work (such as fancy icons) I'll choose "CC-By-SA-3.0 unported", because Free Artistic Work is not widely spread /and/ publicity is still needed to kill the "Piracy" word which in contrary is, in interest of companies... but not authors :).

Best regards,
TSFH