Re: How to change page size to selection size <SOLVED WITH WORKAROUND>

At 11.04.2013 06:26, Steve Litt wrote:
On Wed, 10 Apr 2013 23:43:02 +0200
Hans Breuer<hans breuer org>  wrote:

At 10.04.2013 20:48, Steve Litt wrote:
[...]

As you know, previous Dia versions had a "size to selection" button
for page size, but current versinos got rid of that feature.[...]

You said that before and apparently are not aware of my answer:
https://mail.gnome.org/archives/dia-list/2013-February/msg00031.html

It does not become more true by prefixing that statetment with "As
you know". At least I am not aware of any "size to selection" button
having been available in Dia in the last twelve years.
Please be more specific what you did before - especially how - and
what is not working anymore in which version.

I'll tell you what Hans,

I'll go to the not inconsiderable trouble of:

1) Find a spare computer
2) Find a copy of Ubuntu 10.04 or whatever
3) Take a complete set of screenshots of the facility to size the page
    to selection
4) Make the screenshots available to the list

I'll do all that if you promise to put back the functionality that the
screenshots reveal.

The only thing I can promise it that I wont try to fix something that I dont understand. I have a lot of Dia versions readily available for testing, but I simply cant imaginge where you have seen the button you are talking about. Maybe you had a custom script or plug-in providing all the "facility to size the page to selection"? Also I'm not interested at all in screenshots, so please dont bother to create these. Especially not from something which was never part of an official Dia version. Screenshots wont help you to get the feature back. Finding the source of that feature might.